Friday, June 7, 2013

Yoga for your Health, Happiness, and Heart



“Yoga takes you into the present moment, the only place where life exists.”



I completed my yoga teacher training at the Northern California Yoga Institute in 2011 with the lovely Kamie Loeser. Deciding to commit to the training was one of the best decisions I have ever made. Kamie was so welcoming, knowledgeable, and passionate. I learned so much about myself and yoga during the ten month training program. Yoga is not just about "stretching"; It yields so much more!

The most important aspect of yoga is mindfulness. To me mindfulness means paying attention to your breath and being able to live in the moment you are currently in. Being able to enjoy a moment without thinking about the past or worrying about the future is pure bliss. Practicing mindfulness is not easy and there will always be room to improve, but it is not about being perfect; It is about the journey and enjoying every moment of it.

Yoga is a powerful tool that helps people to fight against ailments, stay in shape, and keep stress levels down. It is challenging physically and most definitely mentally. Yoga brings out the best in people by helping them find strength and confidence. If you don't already practice I recommend trying it! 

Awesome studios in Sacramento:


I also love going to Yoga in the Park at McKinley Park. It is every Saturday morning at 9:00 am by the Rose Garden and it is FREE!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment